The MAA are the official trade association for professional Sales Agents, for new Agents and for aspiring Agents representing manufacturers (also referred to as Principals) in the UK and Ireland.
The benefits of joining are:
- Legal Advice. Members of The MAA receive a free initial legal consultation on new contracts and issues relating to Agents with our experienced team of solicitors.
- Advice & Assistance. Our local advisors are professional agents like you. When you become a member, you can benefit from their advice in confidence if you need it.
- Accredited Agent Status. Become an Accredited Agent (T’s & C’s apply) and further enhance the credibility and professionalism of your agency with this endorsement.
- Details of Commercial Agent Regulations – UK Agency Law – Keep up to date with current legislation
- MAA Agent Search – Your details are registered on our Database to ensure fast and accurate matching with Principals looking for Agents on MAA Agent Search. ( Ensure your details are up to date.)
- MAA Benevolent Fund – which exists to provide advice, support and financial assistance to those members and dependants of such members.
- MAA magazine “Agents News” – sent to all members on a regular basis, containing interesting articles for Agents and details of Principals looking for Agents.
- International association via IUCAB – The MAA is an active member of IUCAB (the Internationally United Commercial Agents and Brokers) which enables Agents throughout Europe and North America to co-operate and act together for the protection of their rights and interests. Look at their website on IUCAB
- Marketing support e.g. use of MAA Logos, free advertising in Agents News – Using the prestigious MAA and IUCAB logos on your stationery shows Principals and customers that you take your profession seriously. Members may submit small advertisements relevant to Agents including ads for sub-Agents and sale of agency for inclusion in the next available copy of “Agents News”.
- Draft legal contract examples – A model Agency Agreement written by the IUCAB Legal Working Group for you to confirm the existence of an Agency where the Principal does not issue a contract is included in your New Members Pack
- Seminars & Conferences – Are held to help keep you informed and up to date. Details of those in your area are sent to you and are also published in “Agents News”.
- References – We receive enquiries asking whether an Agent is a Member of the MAA, your professional Association. Membership of the MAA confirms your status.
- CPMR Certified Professional Manufacturers Representative This highly recommended, training course for Agents is spread over three years and takes place in January at the University of Arizona in Phoenix. Please see www.mrerf.org – educational programs – CPMR for further information
- Discount Schemes – For CRM, Car Leasing, Insurance, Hotel & Car Hire.
Your New Members Pack includes:
- The latest copy of “Agents News” magazine
- A special magazine, full of information on MAA, IUCAB, Agency law etc.
- Four Booklets:
- “The Commission Agent” – a quick guide to working as an agent
- “Twenty Questions Agents Ask” – the most asked Legal Questions
- The Commercial Agents Regulations – UK Agency Law
- Legal Fact Sheets from IUCAB
- MAA & IUCAB logos
- IUCAB recommended Agency Contract
- A full list of Membership Benefits
- “Right to Compensation on Death of an Agent” leaflet to put with your will – just in case!
- MAA Member Badge & Car Window sticker