Each member, when joining The MAA, undertakes to abide by the following Code of Ethics.
This demonstrates the professional commitment by our members to be the best Commercial Sales Agents in the market! Tried & trusted with a reputation to maintain.
MAA CODE OF ETHICS
- Manufacturers’ Agents shall always act in accordance with the principles of good faith and fair dealing towards both their principals, customers and other Manufacturers’ Agents.
- Manufacturers’ Agents shall constantly strive to establish long lasting business relationships between their principals and customers.
- Manufacturers’ Agents shall constantly strive to safeguard the image of the principal towards the market.
- Manufacturers’ Agents shall ensure that the best possible level of communication and understanding is attained between their principals and customers.
- Manufacturers’ Agents shall never make warranties in excess of the warranties given by the principal.
- Manufacturers’ Agents shall avoid any form of misrepresentation.
- Manufacturers’ Agents shall not represent directly competing products or services where this would be inconsistent with their duties towards their principals.
- Manufacturers’ Agents shall recognise their business activities as an imperative part of the sales organisation of their principal.
- Manufacturers’ Agents shall constantly safeguard and improve the image of the Manufacturers’ agency profession.
The MAA Code of Practice is identical to the IUCAB Code of Ethics. This was written by the Internationally United Commercial Agents & Brokers Legal Working Group which consists of leading Agency lawyers from around the world including the MAA’s legal advisors. IUCAB member associations are asked to invite their members to comply with the above ethical standards as recommended by IUCAB.